Today I will talk about a subject that is close to my heart: Yi King.
First of all, some general information: the Yi King, also called I Ching or Book of Changes, is one of the most ancient Chinese texts. The transcript oldest extant dating from the third century BC, but its creation is traditionally traced back to one of the earliest legendary rulers of China, ie 2800 years BC. The Yi King contains a system of divination, geomancy comparable to Western Europe.
I understand that this information may be considered completely irrelevant, because not all have the same concept of history and above all not to give the same importance. Human civilization, so as Eastern and Western, has produced results that can apparently be regarded as commendable (welfare, civil rights, technology ...), as well as results that can apparently be considered objectionable (religious intolerance, repressive morality, materialism ...). I suppose most of you is the urticaria only to hear the word "religion": how can I then claim to be able to make you consider a book that became the subject of what might be called "folk religion", like the New Age, astrology, Wicca or the Neapolitan face ...? "Mission Impossible" you say, but I want the same groped.
I do it by asking some questions.
1) Faith requires that the Yi King is a religious, messianic and irrational? Or is it a Cartesian faith, a faith in themselves, which is based solely on the will?
2) The Yi King applies the usual techniques charlatan fortune-tellers and mentality? Or have an authentic power of prediction?
3) The Yi King has perhaps an infinite intellect? And what is the point of giving up acting to consult an oracle?
with you I would try to find some answers, or at least do some 'clarity, and to make this offer to help with a movie that I love very much: Matrix.
suppose that everyone has seen, and call to review those who have not yet seen and those who do not remember it well.
One of the key figures in the Matrix trilogy is the Oracle, a female character who is often consulted to help the protagonists of the film in matters of vital importance.
In the first of three films the protagonist Neo went for the first time by the Oracle, which should determine whether he is really the Chosen One, that is, one who will save humanity.
publishing the dialogue between the Oracle and Neo:
- N) You're the Oracle?
- O) guessed! They are not just like you expect it, right?
Sit ... and not worry about the vase.
- N) What vase?
(at the time Neo turns to see what you're talking about pot and inadvertently touching it with his arm, it drops to the ground vase of flowers placed on the cabinet behind him)
- O) that vase!
- N) me ... I'm sorry ...
- O) I told you not to worry, I will repair one of my children.
- N) Ma .. how did you know?
- O) Ohhh, and I bet you thought that the next will be in the lead: "I would have broken too if you had not said anything?"
We try to interpret these few lines, replacing the Yi King, the Oracle of the Matrix.
E 'legitimate to have doubts about the nature of the predictions Yi King, that his power of prophecy. The Yi King predicts perhaps the future because the future is impossible to change, that is an immutable destiny? Or is it just the Yi King to influence the future preacher? And the question of faith arises: if one says he believes all'Yi King, you do so for good reasons? Either you are building for themselves the evidence that we expect?
- O) you believe in fate, Neo?
- N) No.
- O) And why?
- N) Why I do not like the idea of \u200b\u200bnot having control of my life.
This kind of faith is avowedly Cartesian. But are we really sure we have control of our lives?
- O) You know why Morpheus brought you to me. So? What do you think? Think you're the Chosen One?
- N) Honestly, I do not know.
(the Oracle tells Neo the inscription above the door sill)
- O) know what it says? E 'Latin. It means "Know thyself."
I want tell you a secret. Be The One is like being in love. No one can tell you that you love, you just know, you're completely permeated the very marrow of their bones.
facts now take a look. Open your mouth, '"Ahhh"
(The Oracle looks at the throat, eyes, ears and hands of Neo)
Mmm, it is interesting, but ... you already know what I'm about to say ...
- N) are not the Chosen One, right?
- O) I'm sorry boy. The gift you got, but it's like you're waiting for something ...
- N) What?
- O) Your next life maybe, who knows! These things always go well.
Which gift is talking about the oracle? Of freedom. Expect to use their freedom means losing nell'irresolutezza. The worst evil is the hesitation, but the positive is represented by the choice: the choice sets us free. The very fact that Neo submit to this ridiculous medical examination is an expression of his irresolution.
Use the Yi King does not mean merely trying to spy on themselves within it the signs of what we are, because that would mean giving up the will and invent our lives. When we look for the signs we find the time, because the signs spying is not just power but also create them. The power of our mind is such that there what you believe. It gives rise to what is feared.
What does it mean exactly "know thyself"? Know each other physically and psychologically? Suspects and followed in detail to explore what nature has given us? No, the opposite of everything: you know through the mediation of the ideas we share with everyone. The thing that we have more in common with the others and that is the same for all human beings, is the will. "Know thyself" means "to acknowledge your freedom," the Yi King should be used as a means to become aware of our infinite ability to will.
(end of part one)
0 comments:
Post a Comment