Sunday, February 20, 2011

Free Knitting Baby Papoose Pattern



In 1948 the UN issued the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. It seems that in Italy human rights are well respected, but unfortunately not always the case. I refer to recent articles of the Declaration: "Everyone has the right to work, " ... " has the right to equal pay for equal work" (23 ° Article) "Everyone has the right to rest" (Art. 24 °), "Everyone has the right to an adequate standard of living " ... "
and has the right to security in the event of unemployment
" (Art. 25 °).

These rights are not always exercised here in Italy, it shows my own personal experience. It happened years ago so I do not remember the exact date.

One day I saw a textile factory "paperback" located in Via Castruccio Castracane. Felt by some that in there well repaired clothes, then in one of those days I had brought with them a pair of torn trousers to try to mend. When I walked into the room, I saw
who were all Chinese, some worked, others rested. While waiting
that those who sewed my pants with special machines, ended the
work, I started talking to some who were resting. It will be that the Chinese are like them, but those people willingly spoke with me. You could not say that they were running out of arguments. I learned that they all came from Qintian, the same country as one of my classmate (Xin, thou hast company. Eh eh!). They were in Italy for seek his fortune, but had found "mange & bad luck" for them to leave for Italy was the worst decision ever taken, they would never earn enough, even for the trip of a person. I was wondering why, when the sewers ended the mending of my pants. The operation cost me only € 5. That's because they were still poor, have little power to customers, they had lowered their prices dramatically, but this was not enough, you know, just to survive everything is being done.

Unfortunately this is only one of the many violations of human rights. Obviously the fact that such incidents are common does not justify at all, even the press should take a greater interest in these cases, it could well deal with it, if only acknowledged its importance. Or perhaps, to care should be the government?

Jie

0 comments:

Post a Comment